Thursday, August 28, 2008

With the people of Cleveland, who've suffered for so many years







(Again, this is before the trip, but I didn't get a chance to post it yet)

Epiphany-Cleveland is great when you’re in the right mindset. For instance if you're thinking "maybe we could have kids and raise them here and send them to Westlake High School." Yes, I am old.

Went to a Tribe game. Threatened Sue with season tickets to at least 1 major sports team if we ever came back to Cleveland.

Ate at Lolita, Michael Symon’s (the Iron Chef) restaurant. Let me tell you about the meat platter for two. Various prosciutto (3 varying degrees of spiciness), duck prosciutto, tenderloin, and a couple other meats on a wood block with dried bread to make your own crostinis. I would recommend Boehmer move to Cleveland just for this. Mores, you gotta go check it out next time you’re in town. In fact everyone, everywhere should eat at this restaurant if they live in Cleveland and move here to eat there regularly if they don't.

Had a BBQ with family and friends back in Cleveland and it was great to see so many familiar faces. Thanks for coming everybody. Sorry we didn’t get to chat more. As you saw I was busy on the grill.

It was great to be home with Mom, Dad, and (through a stroke of good luck) Shannon. I’ll miss them a lot, but I can’t think of a better way to start our trip than back home in Cleveland.

2 comments:

mores said...

Well, your goodbye to Westlake/Cleveland will have to stand in for my permanent goodbye. My parents sold their house (finally) and I will probably never make it back there again. So sad but necessary and inevitable. I am a New Yorker now as much as you are a Seoulite.

jb said...

SueJew - Have a great trip. Even if I can't make it out to join you for a portion of it, I can always follow along online. Bon Voyage...
- Boehmer